Saturday, 6 September 2014

Recap of my summer

As I said in my last post, it's really starting to feel like Autumn. Summer is over. It's been a good summer, best part of my year anyway. This past year I've been battling with severe anxiety but when summer hit and I came home from uni it has improved so much, I feel like a new person. Unfortunately I'm a bit nervous of going back incase it comes back again - because I can't deal!

But anyyyyway, back on track.. It's been a good summer! I'd awful bad luck and couldn't get a job so I didn't have money to do all the fun stuff I wanted to do - weekends away with friends, shopping, days out, cinema... but I did do a few things. I don't know why but I cannot get a job!! I've been looking for summer/christmas jobs since I turned 18 and in the 3 years that have passed I have not once been successful. I think I look too young and make a really bad first impression - I think that's actually it, gotta work on that,.. but I don't know how!

Even though I didn't have tonnes of money to do exciting things, I did hang out with friends from home and had the best of craic ;) Wana see?




 I celebrated my 21st birthday. I just had some of my closest friends over. My sister and brother had a few friends too and we just had a good long session - drinking until five in the morning. Had such a good night though. I never thought I'd do something for my 21st.. I'm not one for making a big deal of my birthdays, but my family convinced me to and I'm so glad :)





 

My boyfriend brought me away for my birthday. We went to Westport in Clare. We went for a weekend and it was so lovely. We stayed in a gorgeous hotel, I felt a bit out of place because it seemed so nice haha. We explored a bit and went to Achill Island before we left for home again. The scenery was breathtaking. We did a bit of unexpected hiking which I was not prepared for - I was wearing sandals!! I don't know what mountain/hill we climbed but it was amazing. There was a religious statue on the top which didn't suit me at all...but people had made little memorials all around it. One I thought was so sweet, was a headstone to mark the place where a dog was buried. The headstone read “ Our pal Buzz lightyear. To infinity and beyond”. I thought it was so beautiful.




 

 My brother had his grad/debs. He looked sooo good. It's so funny I almost feel like I'm his mam,  the way I worry about him more than I should - but he's my little brother. He's getting so old and I don't want him to grow up ha. 




Hung with my family and friends. The left is my brother, sister and me at an autucross. So jealous that my brother get's to drive a rally car, I want to!! The picture on the right  is two of my good friends and I off to the Marquee in Drumlish, which is basically a big drinking session in a marquee haha.




 I tried to spend as much time as I could outside with all my pets, because when I go back to Uni, I'm going to miss them all so so so much. I spend a lot of time inside so I thought it would be nice to make an effort to spend more time out in the fresh air especially because when I go back to college I'll basically be living in the stuffy library. Eugh the thoughts of it, all that stale air going around the building, it can't be good for you..
It makes me so happy to be with my pet - I have 8 in total. Makes sense why I'm studying zoology ha.



So all in all it wasn't a bad summer. I did quite a bit of stuff but I'm not one for taking pictures which is a pity.. because looking back through the ones I had was so nice. I might try and take more photos from now on, which would come in handy when keeping a blog. I keep telling myself I'm going to get a job soon and by next summer I'll have money for sooo many fun activities!! Because I'll be finished university then, I'd love to do a J1 or go on a sun holiday or do something big with my summer. Suppose I'll have to see what happens, that's a long way away now.  Hope everybody else had a good summer and made lots of memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment